Friday, February 15, 2013

To love again

>The Heaven's couldn't provide me shelter
The winds of change couldn't spare me time
The endless nights didn't heal the wounds
Of what was lost, of what was mine

I've tossed about, lost and broken
Like a forgotten ship set to sea
The tides are strong, my anchor, broken
My will to exist ceasing to be

The sun shone no signs of forgiveness
It was by my admission this road I chose
To forgive and forget - to continue holding on
To the one I had loved so long ago

The passages of time have changed the soul
And in it's grace I've fallen astray
I've given in to that feeling inside
That begs and pleads for no hope to stay

I can't promise tomorrow, not even to myself
As tomorrow is not a promise one can keep
It's given at will, and I'll love again
So pure, so real, so deep

No comments: