Friday, February 15, 2013

Memories

We keep a moment to go back in time
And visit our old fanes of the past
Secrets and dreams, never left behind
Preserving the memories we wanted to last

Smiling on times that made us laugh & cry
Before dusk would break, we slumber in deep
Dreaming of days long gone by
Only at night those secrets we speak

A love that was kindled before we met
A touch that was sweeter then the blue sky
A future uncertain, our plans unset
Too many times we've said good-bye

And I couldn't imagine my life without
That one person that makes my world spin
Never a moment was I filled with doubt
About allowing the love of my life in

With each passing day I grow more fond
Of this person who has graced my life
A friendship formed of strongest bond
Setting all others out of sight

And with all this, my love I give
To the person that I cherish so
This promise grows stronger every day I live
No matter which paths we choose to go.

No comments: