Friday, February 15, 2013

Roads

As sure as I was at becoming a woman,
With the Artist I am, and bridges I've burned,
A moment in time, a thousand years passed,
The days I've forgotten, the lessons I learn.

When I was strong enough to move boulders,
But went weak in the knees at a kiss,
And taking the night sky for granted,
And believing teen romance true bliss.

Yes, I would say I'm becoming a woman,
With the power and strength to stand my ground,
I've not given up, I've never forgotten,
The who's, the what's, the when's, the how's.

If it wasn't for experience that I've built upon,
And days that lasted longer then weeks,
I'd still be a child, long lost, forgotten,
And not have the courage to speak.

As sure as I was about becoming a woman,
With the Artist I am, and bridges I've burned,
A moment in time, a thousand years passed,
The days I've forgotten, and lessons I've learned.

No comments: