Friday, February 15, 2013

Nothing

Your locked me
In your brass cage
(I couldn't breath
through the bars)

You shattered
And shook
(my world)
And left me
No part of you
To remember

I can't remember
If it was your
Words
(Or flowers)
That brought me
Nothing but
Regret

So charismatically
You forgot
(Who I was)
What I am
To you
(To me,
The world
anything)
Anything but
Nothing

I couldn't speak
More eloquently
(For you)
Or for myself
You never
Allowed me
The pleasure
(The sacrifice
The pain
Nor the honesty)
That I required
When we began
Our ending.

I never forgot
How to remember
I never gave
Without the receive
I never lost
Without my winning
I never lived
Without my dying

And you were never
Enough
For a woman like me
And I was never
The toy you wanted
(To play with)
When you needed
A simple gesture
Or symbol of affection

The only reason I stayed
Was regret.

The only reason you left
Was fear.
And the only reason we existed
(In the first place)
Was because I gave in
For a moments glance
On what could have been
And what I wanted it to be

But you were never enough
To keep me going
And I was never your property
To begin with

I could never become
Graceful
In your presence

I can never have
What you want
I will never be
Your dream
And you will never be
Anything more
Then sacrifice
To me.

No comments: