Friday, February 15, 2013

Sympathy

>Days have passed since we two parted
Hands empty, mouth hungry, eyes wide
Our deliverance of words, half open hearted
Forever, I thought, we'd stand side by side

Like an ocean's rage against the earth
Our tongues lash at one another
Searching for that time of rebirth
Where we once could depend on each other

Trust was lost, innocence gone
Before I could say one word
You're a stranger before me; moving on
My plea's you never heard

Again and again, you thrashed and raged
I couldn't hold on; you wanted release
Out, you wanted, like a rat from its cage
Our time together, from this, did cease

Tears were shed, in blood you swore
That it would not end that way
You wanted love to be the even score
(Even though you fucked him day after day)

You're sorry now, a day too late
I've gone deaf from my own accusations
I was never there; you're only complaint
While you never knew my contemplation’s

I can no longer suffer to make you happy
Nor bleed one more drop for you
I cared for you too long, lovingly
Now there are new things for me to pursue

I want to forgive you, in so many ways
But cheating has no condonment
We do not always remember each day
But we always remember the moments

No comments: