Friday, February 15, 2013

Cold Ending

I was throwing myself down that valley
Spinning on the horizon, out of control
Dead set to continue this path I had chosen
I'd give anything to finish, even my soul

Without hesitation, I was furling forward
My heart laden black, froze to ice
I know there would be no way back for me
(This is the chance you take when rolling the dice)

Scorched by the blistering sun light above
I gave into my undying relentless need
To find myself, true, my heart, left, forgotten
To mend my life? This hunger to feed

Then somewhere between my dream and real life
I found my golden bed of roses and mirth
And laid down my head and my mind to rest
Giving this weary body rebirth

But it was never enough for the human soul
To "just" find that finish line
I raced until I found the cold end
And left everything I once loved behind

No comments: