Friday, February 15, 2013

Daisies

I never could
Smell the daisies
it didn't take much
but a simple chance to
Forget
I couldn't
Pretend to laugh
To love
to lie
I was never
Good enough for
A remembrance
Or a touch
(so sweet from
gentle hands)
No, I couldn't forget you
I wish you had never
Brought me flowers
each day
each month
each year
They only died
like the ever fading us
I clung to so deeply
And tried to keep the
Fraying edges
from unraveling what
Little dream I clung to
In the middle of the night
wrapped in
Soft scented sheets
with nothing more
then a few strands of hair
to remember you by
on winters eve
and summer days
I'll pick daisies again
and remember
That even though
They came from you
You weren't the one
Who brought them to bloom
You were just the one
That picked them to die
(Just as you picked me
to break promises to
and to forget)
Always forget
What's important

No comments: